What is Reiki?
For thousands of years Reiki Healing was used in Japan, it is healing with energy. Yet what we now know as Reiki, is often called Reiki Ryoho (a shortened form of its original name), popularly known simply as 'Reiki' in the Western schools, was created by Mikao Usui. This is how it was originally called "Shinshin Kaizen Usui Reiki Ryoho (心身改善臼井靈氣療法 in Japanese, meaning "The Usui Reiki treatment method for improvement of body and mind".
How does the Reiki System Work?
Reiki is based on the principle of bringing your physical body into balance. When a body is stressed, tired, exhausted or ill it is because the energy paths are blocked. A Reiki Treatment would help to cleanse and refill, stabilise the energy flow. Balancing the body first would eventually help in the release of any emotional trauma of the past. Helps to develop or regain a healthy state of the physical body and mind and an overall feeling of balance, confidence and happiness.
Many of us when experiencing pain, the first thing to do is to put their hands on the affected body part. This is the basis for all touch healing techniques. The living beings, humans, animals or plants radiate energy.
Usui's Reiki System is more than just a treatment, it is also a way to live. Usui Sensei shared 5 practices, that would help to make life less anxious and stressful but easier and more happy instead.
These are the 5 teachings that should be kept and repeated daily:
Kyo dakewa - (Just for today)
Ikaru na (Do not be angry)
Shinpai suna (Do not worry)
Kansha shite (Be grateful)
Gyo o hagame - (Do your duties)
Hito ni shinsetsu ni - (Be kind to others)
How Reiki Heals?
- Reiki creates deep relaxation and helps to free the body from stress and tension
- It accelerates the body's self-healing abilities
- It improves sleep
- Helps to reduces blood pressure
- Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.)
- Helps with managing addiction
- Helps relieve pain
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
"... Nowadays people need improvement and reconstruction inside and outside their life...
...we live in a wish to share happiness of coexistence and co-prosperity with one another. So I would like everyone to benefit from it and hope for everyone's happiness. My Reiki Ryoho is an original method based on the universal intuitive power. With Reiki, the body gets healthy and enhances the happiness of life and creates a peaceful mind.
...so the reason for releasing my method to the public is to help people with illness of body and mind"
Mikao Usui, 1922 fragment from an interview